We had SUCH an amazing summer at Camp Seven Hills. Each session was filled with girls excited to learn new skills, make new friends, and have the time of their lives! We’d love to share all of the moments with you, but we’ll just highlight our programs and pictures from each session. For a more detailed look, check out previous posts written by staff at camp.
Session 1: July 8-13
Pony Pals; Silly Scientists; Be Happy, Relax, and Namaste; Camp Adventure Girl; Climbing Masters; Long Rein, Free Walk; A Little at a Time Mini Session; G.I.R.L. Tough; Riders Up; Seven Hills Amazing Race; Escape Artists
Photos from Session 1
Session 2: July 15-20
Zoologist; A Horse of Course; Camp Like a G.I.R.L.; Climbing Masters Two; GIRLbots; Secret Agent Girl; Sneak-a-Peak Mini Session; A Little at a Time Mini Session; Crazy for Horses; Scuba Diving Explorers; The Lazy Days of Summer
Photos from Session 2
Session 3: July 22-27
It’s My Second Time; Silly Scientists; A Horse of Course; Be Happy, Relax, and Namaste; Camp Like a G.I.R.L.; Climbing Masters Two; Crazy for Horses; Night Owls; Scuba Diving Explorers; The Lazy Days of Summer
Photos from Session 3
Session 4: July 29-August 4
It’s My First Time Mini Session; Zoologist; Climbing Masters; GIRLbots; Long Rein, Free Walk; Seven Hills Sisterhood; Seven Hills Top Chef; Night Owls; On Belay; Riders Up
Photos from Session 4
Session 5: August 5-10
It’s My First Time Mini Session; Pony Pals; Camp Adventure Girl; Climbing Masters; Long Rein, Free Walk; Secret Agent Girl; Seven Hills Sisterhood; Anastasia in NYC; G.I.R.L. Tough; On Belay; Riders Up
Photos from Session 5
We’re rolling out the welcome mat in two weeks for you at Camp Seven Hills! Join us for our final open house of the summer where you can tour the grounds, see the facilities, and meet the staff. We’ll be able to answer all your questions and even register your girl on site!
When: Monday, July 2, from 5 to 8 p.m.
Where: Camp Seven Hills (Goodyear Side), Holland, New York 14080
Plus, we still have room in all our sessions! Register for Girl Scout camp today!
By now, you’re well aware of all the great programs we have for girls this summer at camp. Our traditional resident camp is a great way for girls to learn valuable leadership skills, make lifelong friends, and have the time of their lives. While girls in a troop can select and attend the same program, we have additional options for a group camping experience.
SpecialtyProgramsProvided (S.P.P.) Camping is a great way for troops to get the best of camping together and experience specialized programs, like ropes courses, archery, and boating. The troop leader is responsible for most camp-related considerations with GSWNY providing the specialty programs and times.
In order to host troop camp like this, leaders must have either their Level I (for lodge camping) or Level II (for cabin and tent camping) camp training. Additionally, an adult with current first aid and CPR certifications must attend.
Specifically, our camp provides the boating and archery programming while leaders provide everything else, including meals. Our lakeside facility includes a like, central dining hall, infirmary, shower house, lodges, cabins, platform tent units, and an archery area.
This summer we have two sessions available for S.P.P. Camping. Girls in grades K-12 are welcome to camp with their troops Friday, July 20, through Sunday, July 22, and Wednesday August 1, through Friday, August 3. The cost per girl is $35.
Register with your troop today!
Resident camp kicks off in exactly one month and we’re so excited! We know our girls are too based on how quickly some of our programs are filling up. Soon our grounds will be filled with the sounds of laughter and friendship as our girls learn how to be leaders.
If you haven’t had the chance to register yet, fear not! We still have plenty of great programs available for girls of all ages to enjoy. Even better, if you aren’t currently a Girl Scout, we have a great Extended Year Membership offer to keep you engaged longer for less.
You can register through our website and read all the program descriptions there as well. Below is the list of camps currently open for your girl!
Current Programs Available for Girls*
Girls Entering Grades 1-3 in the Fall
- Pony Pals
- Silly Scientists
- July 15-20
- July 29-August 3
- It’s My Second Time
Girls Entering Grades 4-6 in the Fall
- Camp Adventure Girl
- Climbing Masters
- Be Happy, Relax, and Namaste
- Secret Agent Girl
- Long Rein, Free Walk
- July 29-August 3
- August 5-10
- Seven Hills Sisterhood
- July 29-August 3
- August 5-10
Girls Entering Grades 7-12 in the Fall
- G.I.R.L. Tough
- A Little at a Time Mini Session
- Night Owls
- On Belay
*current as of May 29
Today we’re discussing our LAST week of camp, happening Sunday, August 5, to Friday, August 10. Registration for our final session closes July 23, 2018. For more programs, visit our Resident Camp Guide on our website.
Girls in Grades 1-3 in Fall 2018
- It’s My First Time Mini Session – this shorter session runs Sunday to Wednesday so new camps can experience the best of resident camp for the first time. They’ll sleep in our lodges, go swimming, play games, enjoy arts and crafts. Don’t forget about cookouts!
- Pony Pals – this is an introductory program designed to introduce girls to our horse program at Seven Hills. They’ll tour the barn, meet the horses, and start learning the basics of riding and grooming.
Girls in Grades 4-6 in Fall 2018
- Camp Adventure G.I.R.L. – spend your week learning exactly what it takes to be a Camp Adventure Girl. You’ll learn how to create your own shelter using rope and materials you find around you, build your own fire, cook outside, pitch a tent, and practice first-aid basics. You’ll even be taught how to create a solar still to obtain potable water.
- Climbing Masters – master all the elements of the Seven Hills Ropes Course and challenge yourself all week long! You can earn patches by completing Island in the Sky, Two-Line, Catwalk, Dangle Duo, Burma Bridge, and the Zip-Line.
- Long Rein, Free Walk – a riding program designed for girls at all skill levels, this session is dedicated to the basics of English riding, as well as stable management. At the end of the week, girls will perform a dressage test and learn what the judges look for in their presentations.
- Secret Agent Girl – turn your unit into your very own covert headquarters as you create secret codes to communicate with your secret agent pals. Practice your map, compass, and trail sign skills to leave clues for your fellow agents to follow on a secret mission. Plan a treasure hunt to complete your mission and save the day. At the end of the week, plan Friday’s all-camp activities for all of your fellow camp spies.
- Seven Hills Sisterhood – You and your friends make the choices that work for you. Select your favorite programs such as sports, nature, swimming, arts and crafts, and more.
Girls in Grades 7-12 in Fall 2018
- G.I.R.L. Tough – take being a G.I.R.L. to the next level! This program allows girls to create and plan overnight expeditions, build an outdoor obstacle course, and compete for the Tough Mudder Award in the first annual Seven Hills Mid Challenge.
- On Belay – master your balancing and maneuvering capabilities on the Seven Hills Ropes Course. Test your skills and conquer your fears as your try elements such as Islands in the Sky, Centipede, Burma Bridge, Two-Line, Catwalk, Dangle Duo, or Zip-Line.
- Riders Up – it doesn’t matter if you’re a beginner or a pro with this horse camp. Girls will learn the basics of a rider’s position and how to control their horse. They’ll work on dressage tests throughout the week while learning stable management skills, leading to a small horse presentation at the end of the week.
Register for camp today!