Camp Seven Hills opens in just under three months and we’re so excited for all of the programs we have planned! Each week, we’re going to preview the different weeks for you here, but you can access the complete Resident Camp Guide on our website.
Session 1 runs starts Sunday, July 8, at 1 p.m. and ends Friday, July 13, at 7 p.m. Registration for our first session closes June 25, 2018.
Girls in Grades 1-3 in Fall 2018
- Pony Pals – this is an introductory program designed to introduce girls to our horse program at Seven Hills. They’ll tour the barn, meet the horses, and start learning the basics of riding and grooming.
- Silly Scientists – science gets silly during this week filled with wacky experiments. Girls will drop eggs, make slime, capture clouds in jars, eat homemade ice cream, and take home instructions to repeat the fun at home!
Girls in Grades 4-6 in Fall 2018
- Be Happy, Relax, and Namaste – this week is dedicated to the art of yoga and relaxation. Girls will create Japa Mala bead strings used in ancient Japanese meditation, make barefoot yoga sandals, design thankful jars, and practice their yoga poses.
- Camp Adventure G.I.R.L. – spend your week learning exactly what it takes to be a Camp Adventure Girl. You’ll learn how to create your own shelter using rope and materials you find around you, build your own fire, cook outside, pitch a tent, and practice first-aid basics. You’ll even be taught how to create a solar still to obtain potable water.
- Climbing Masters – master all the elements of the Seven Hills Ropes Course and challenge yourself all week long! You can earn patches by completing Island in the Sky, Two-Line, Catwalk, Dangle Duo, Burma Bridge, and the Zip-Line.
- Long Reins, Free Walk – a riding program designed for girls at all skill levels, this session is dedicated to the basics of English riding, as well as stable management. At the end of the week, girls will perform a dressage test and learn what the judges look for in their presentations.
Girls in Grades 7-12 in Fall 2018
- A Little at a Time Mini Session – if you’re looking for the Girl Scout Camp experience without taking a whole week, this program is for you. Join us Sunday through Wednesday for swimming, boating, arts and crafts, camp songs, and more.
- G.I.R.L. Tough – take being a G.I.R.L. to the next level! This program allows girls to create and plan overnight expeditions, build an outdoor obstacle course, and compete for the Tough Mudder Award in the first annual Seven Hills Mid Challenge.
- Riders Up – it doesn’t matter if you’re a beginner or a pro with this horse camp. Girls will learn the basics of a rider’s position and how to control their horse. They’ll work on dressage tests throughout the week while learning stable management skills, leading to a small horse presentation at the end of the week.
- Seven Hills Amazing Race – the popular television show comes to life at Seven Hills where girls can team up and conquer challenges across six ‘countries’ in camp. Roadblocks include climbing, outdoor cooking, archery, kayaking, and more.
Girls in Grades 9-12 in Fall 2018
- Escape Artists – calling all girls who like to solve problems and embrace challenges! Our Escape Artists camp is designed for you to decipher clues, solve puzzles, do research, and crack the codes. There’s also a day trip to the Buffalo Escape Room to put those skills to the test.