Today we’re covering our final week of camp, happening Sunday, August 4, to Friday, August 9. Registration for our final session closes July 22, 2019. For more programs, visit our Resident Camp Guide on our website.
Girls in Grades 1-3 in Fall 2019
- It’s My First Time Mini Session: Mini sessions run Sunday to Wednesday. As a first-time camper, you’ll spend four days and three nights enjoying of the very best that resident camp has to offer. Sleep in the one of our cool lodges at camp, while you swim, play games, make crafts, explore the forest, learn to make a fire, cook outside, and sample so many other fun parts of camp life. Don’t forget to bring your best friend along with you!
- Pony Pals: If you are a girl who loves horses, this introductory program is for you! Spend the week learning the basic ins and outs of the horse program. You will get your first riding lesson, take a tour of the barn, meet the horses, and try grooming, feeding, mounting, dismounting, and tack care with these friendly, four-legged friends. Girls will have one introductory riding lesson and one guided horse ride. Girls must wear long pants and boots with 3/4-inch heel.
Girls in Grades 4-6 in Fall 2019
- Camp Adventure Girl: This is your chance to learn some serious outdoor skills and time-honored wilderness techniques like fire and shelter making, finding and purifying water, and identify plants for food, medicine, and utility. What is a solar still? Which way is north? Put your skills to the test. All this and other fun stuff at camp await you. Do you have what it takes to be a Camp Adventure Girl? Successful completion of this program will gain you membership into the Camp Adventure Club.
- Climbing Masters: Challenge yourself and master the elements of the Seven Hills Ropes Course. Test your skills on elements such as Islands in the Sky, Two-Line, Catwalk, Dangle Duo, Burma Bridge or Zip-Line. You can do all of this while still enjoying the splendors of camp life. Girls will earn the Seven Hills ropes course patch along with the activity rider for each ropes course element that they participate on.
- Long Reins, Free Walk: This program is open to riders at ALL LEVELS – beginner to advanced. The emphasis will be on the basics of English riding and how to apply them to dressage. Lessons also include stable management, basic barn chores, grooming, cleaning the stalls, and feeding the horses. Lessons will be given based on ability and girls will perform a dressage presentation at the end of the camp week. Girls will also learn what a judge would be looking for in order to get the most points and what the different rules are in the sport. Campers will earn the horse patch with rider level(s). Girls participating in the two-week program will remain at camp the entire two weeks.
- Secret Agent Super Sleuths: Calling all future CIA and FBI agents to Camp Seven Hills! Turn your unit into your very own Secret Super Sleuth Headquarters as you create secret codes to communicate with your secret agent pals. Put your skills to the test as you crack the code to the Camp Seven Hills Break-Out, then take a trip to the Buffalo Escape Room, where you can challenge your sleuthing skills in real time! Girls will earn requirements towards the following Girl Scout badges: Junior – Detective / Cadette – Special Agent
- Seven Hills Sisterhood: In this program you and your friends make the choices that work for you. Select your favorite programs such as sports, outdoor skills, swimming, arts and crafts, and relaxation.
Girls in Grades 7-12 in Fall 2019
- Mud Warriors: You and your fellow warriors will face off and compete in mental and physical challenges. Try your hand at a mud scavenger hunt, or a mud slip and slide, or maybe a mud obstacle course. The possibilities are endless! After a day of hard competition relax with a soothing mud bath or mud facial. All of the other great camp activities such as swimming, boating, outdoor cooking and more are also included.
- Night Owls with Lasertron: Are you ready to experience nature’s nightlife at Camp Seven Hills? Prowl around our trails at night, search the sky for a shooting star, have a glow-in-the-dark party with games, plan a kitchen raid, and shop in the Tuck Shop, all at night. You will also head out to Lasertron for a laser tag sleep-in. Stay up all night playing laser tag and games along with pizza and pop. After a hard night of play, sleep late the next morning with time to enjoy your favorite camp activities in the afternoon. Girls must be at least 46 inches tall in order to participate at Lasertron.
- Riders Up!: This program is open to riders with skills at ALL LEVELS – beginner through advanced. The emphasis throughout the week will be on the rider’s position, how to control your horse, and learning about dressage. Stable management will also be taught including basic barn chores, grooming, cleaning the stalls, and feeding the horses. The girls will also learn what a judge would be looking for in order to get the most points and what the different rules are in the sport. Girls will receive lessons based on their riding ability and will perform a small horse presentation at the end of the camp week. Campers will earn the horse patch with rider level(s).
- The Seven Hills Amazing Race: You have seen it on TV. Now it is your chance to do it at camp! Girls will test their teamwork to overcome and conquer challenges across six “countries” in camp. Road blocks might include climbing, shelter or raft building, archery, canoeing, tent pitching, fire building, outdoor cooking, kayaking, and more. It’s non-stop adventure to the end! Successful completion of this program will gain you membership into the Camp Adventure Club.
We had SUCH an amazing summer at Camp Seven Hills. Each session was filled with girls excited to learn new skills, make new friends, and have the time of their lives! We’d love to share all of the moments with you, but we’ll just highlight our programs and pictures from each session. For a more detailed look, check out previous posts written by staff at camp.
Session 1: July 8-13
Pony Pals; Silly Scientists; Be Happy, Relax, and Namaste; Camp Adventure Girl; Climbing Masters; Long Rein, Free Walk; A Little at a Time Mini Session; G.I.R.L. Tough; Riders Up; Seven Hills Amazing Race; Escape Artists
Photos from Session 1
Session 2: July 15-20
Zoologist; A Horse of Course; Camp Like a G.I.R.L.; Climbing Masters Two; GIRLbots; Secret Agent Girl; Sneak-a-Peak Mini Session; A Little at a Time Mini Session; Crazy for Horses; Scuba Diving Explorers; The Lazy Days of Summer
Photos from Session 2
Session 3: July 22-27
It’s My Second Time; Silly Scientists; A Horse of Course; Be Happy, Relax, and Namaste; Camp Like a G.I.R.L.; Climbing Masters Two; Crazy for Horses; Night Owls; Scuba Diving Explorers; The Lazy Days of Summer
Photos from Session 3
Session 4: July 29-August 4
It’s My First Time Mini Session; Zoologist; Climbing Masters; GIRLbots; Long Rein, Free Walk; Seven Hills Sisterhood; Seven Hills Top Chef; Night Owls; On Belay; Riders Up
Photos from Session 4
Session 5: August 5-10
It’s My First Time Mini Session; Pony Pals; Camp Adventure Girl; Climbing Masters; Long Rein, Free Walk; Secret Agent Girl; Seven Hills Sisterhood; Anastasia in NYC; G.I.R.L. Tough; On Belay; Riders Up
Photos from Session 5
Resident camp kicks off in exactly one month and we’re so excited! We know our girls are too based on how quickly some of our programs are filling up. Soon our grounds will be filled with the sounds of laughter and friendship as our girls learn how to be leaders.
If you haven’t had the chance to register yet, fear not! We still have plenty of great programs available for girls of all ages to enjoy. Even better, if you aren’t currently a Girl Scout, we have a great Extended Year Membership offer to keep you engaged longer for less.
You can register through our website and read all the program descriptions there as well. Below is the list of camps currently open for your girl!
Current Programs Available for Girls*
Girls Entering Grades 1-3 in the Fall
- Pony Pals
- Silly Scientists
- July 15-20
- July 29-August 3
- It’s My Second Time
Girls Entering Grades 4-6 in the Fall
- Camp Adventure Girl
- Climbing Masters
- Be Happy, Relax, and Namaste
- Secret Agent Girl
- Long Rein, Free Walk
- July 29-August 3
- August 5-10
- Seven Hills Sisterhood
- July 29-August 3
- August 5-10
Girls Entering Grades 7-12 in the Fall
- G.I.R.L. Tough
- A Little at a Time Mini Session
- Night Owls
- On Belay
*current as of May 29
Camp Seven Hills opens in just under three months and we’re so excited for all of the programs we have planned! Each week, we’re going to preview the different weeks for you here, but you can access the complete Resident Camp Guide on our website.
Session 1 runs starts Sunday, July 8, at 1 p.m. and ends Friday, July 13, at 7 p.m. Registration for our first session closes June 25, 2018.
Girls in Grades 1-3 in Fall 2018
- Pony Pals – this is an introductory program designed to introduce girls to our horse program at Seven Hills. They’ll tour the barn, meet the horses, and start learning the basics of riding and grooming.
- Silly Scientists – science gets silly during this week filled with wacky experiments. Girls will drop eggs, make slime, capture clouds in jars, eat homemade ice cream, and take home instructions to repeat the fun at home!
Girls in Grades 4-6 in Fall 2018
- Be Happy, Relax, and Namaste – this week is dedicated to the art of yoga and relaxation. Girls will create Japa Mala bead strings used in ancient Japanese meditation, make barefoot yoga sandals, design thankful jars, and practice their yoga poses.
- Camp Adventure G.I.R.L. – spend your week learning exactly what it takes to be a Camp Adventure Girl. You’ll learn how to create your own shelter using rope and materials you find around you, build your own fire, cook outside, pitch a tent, and practice first-aid basics. You’ll even be taught how to create a solar still to obtain potable water.
- Climbing Masters – master all the elements of the Seven Hills Ropes Course and challenge yourself all week long! You can earn patches by completing Island in the Sky, Two-Line, Catwalk, Dangle Duo, Burma Bridge, and the Zip-Line.
- Long Reins, Free Walk – a riding program designed for girls at all skill levels, this session is dedicated to the basics of English riding, as well as stable management. At the end of the week, girls will perform a dressage test and learn what the judges look for in their presentations.
Girls in Grades 7-12 in Fall 2018
- A Little at a Time Mini Session – if you’re looking for the Girl Scout Camp experience without taking a whole week, this program is for you. Join us Sunday through Wednesday for swimming, boating, arts and crafts, camp songs, and more.
- G.I.R.L. Tough – take being a G.I.R.L. to the next level! This program allows girls to create and plan overnight expeditions, build an outdoor obstacle course, and compete for the Tough Mudder Award in the first annual Seven Hills Mid Challenge.
- Riders Up – it doesn’t matter if you’re a beginner or a pro with this horse camp. Girls will learn the basics of a rider’s position and how to control their horse. They’ll work on dressage tests throughout the week while learning stable management skills, leading to a small horse presentation at the end of the week.
- Seven Hills Amazing Race – the popular television show comes to life at Seven Hills where girls can team up and conquer challenges across six ‘countries’ in camp. Roadblocks include climbing, outdoor cooking, archery, kayaking, and more.
Girls in Grades 9-12 in Fall 2018
- Escape Artists – calling all girls who like to solve problems and embrace challenges! Our Escape Artists camp is designed for you to decipher clues, solve puzzles, do research, and crack the codes. There’s also a day trip to the Buffalo Escape Room to put those skills to the test.
Register for camp today!