Session 2 runs starts Sunday, July 15, at 1 p.m. and ends Friday, July 20, at 7 p.m. Registration for our first session closes July 2, 2018.
Girls in Grades 1-3 in Fall 2018
- Zoologist – during this week you will tour the horse barn, spend time with the horses, and speak to the riding director about what it takes to care for these beautiful animals. You will also learn about animal habitats, proper food, and proper care needed for all different kinds of animals. Make your own terrarium, identify plants that are edible for both animals and humans! Make your favorite furry friend a toy to bring home. During this special week you will take a day trip to the Buffalo Zoo to see how other animals live and are cared for.
Girls in Grades 4-6 in Fall 2018
- A Horse of Course – this two week course goes through session 3 to July 27. Lessons focus on balance, seat equitation, control at a walk & trot (canter for more advanced riders), skills, and horse management including basic barn chores, grooming, cleaning the stalls, and feeding. At the end of your two weeks have a Mini Horse Show for family and friends, and win prizes for showmanship and sportsmanship.
- Camp Like a G.I.R.L. – for two sessions through July 27 you can be an innovator and create delicious meals cooked over a campfire, then share with your fellow camp mates in the Seven Hills Outdoor Cook Off. Take the lead and guide your group through the trails of Seven Hills to find the perfect spot for your overnight camping experience. Be that risk taker who tries new things and explores all that camp has to offer.
- GIRLbots – work with robots like your favorite ones from the movies! Spend this week learning all about robotics. Girls will work with Engineering for kids to design, program, and control a fully functional robot!
- Climbing Masters Two – another two session opportunity to challenge yourself and master the elements of the Seven Hills Ropes Course. On Saturday it’s off to Camp Piperwood to experience their adventurous ropes course. All of the great ropes course elements of Seven Hills and Piperwood are available for your group to choose.
- Secret Agent Girl – turn your unit into your very own covert headquarters as you create secret codes to communicate with your secret agent pals. Practice your map, compass, and trail sign skills to leave clues for your fellow agents to follow on a secret mission. Plan a treasure hunt to complete your mission and save the day. At the end of the week, plan Friday’s all-camp activities for all of your fellow camp spies.
- Sneak-a-Peek Mini Session – if you’re looking for the Girl Scout Camp experience without taking a whole week, this program is for you. Join us Sunday through Wednesday for swimming, boating, arts and crafts, camp songs, and more.
Girls in Grades 7-12 in Fall 2018
- A Little at a Time Mini Session – if you’re looking for the Girl Scout Camp experience without taking a whole week, this program is for you. Join us Sunday through Wednesday for swimming, boating, arts and crafts, camp songs, and more.
- Crazy for Horses – this two-week equestrian program includes all levels of horseback riding. Lessons will focus on balance, seat equitation, control at a walk & trot (canter for more advanced riders), skills, and horse management including basic barn chores, grooming, cleaning of the stalls, and feeding. At the end of your two weeks have a Mini Horse Show for family and friends and win prizes for showmanship and sportsmanship.
- Scuba Diving Explorers – experience the underwater world through a mask, snorkel, and breathing device for two weeks. Professional scuba instructors from Dip N’ Dive will take you through every step necessary for you to obtain your Jr. Open Water Diver or your Open Water Diver scuba certification. Spend your week at camp training in our Seven Hills pool covering the first phase of your certification. Spend your second week completing the second phase – an open-water dive with overnight conducted at the Windmill Quarry, located in Fort Erie, Canada, along with overnight stay.Participants must meet the basic swim requirements and health requirements set by Dip N’ Dive. If they do not, they will be placed in an alternate program at camp. (Basic swim consists of 200-yard swim, treading water for 10 minutes, and floating for 10 minutes.)
- The Lazy Days of Summer – spend two weeks lazing the days away at Camp Seven Hills. Sleep in late into the morning if you so choose, lounge by the pool during the day, or just catch up on one of your favorite books. The decision is yours to make during these relaxing weeks at camp.