This week we’re reviewing our Session 3 programs at Camp Seven Hills, happening Sunday, July 21, to Friday, July 26. Registration for our third session closes July 8, 2019. For more programs, visit our Resident Camp Guide on our website.
Girls in Grades 1-3 in Fall 2019
- Dogs, Cars, Horses, and Cows…Oh My! – Girls, do you love animals and want to learn more about them? During this week you will tour the horse barn, spend time with the horses and speak to the riding director about what it takes to care for these beautiful animals. You will also learn about animal habitats, the plants they eat and how to follow their tracks. You will also take a day trip to Asha’s Sanctuary to go behind-the-scenes with farm animals and learn how we can help them by our food choices. Don’t forget swimming, arts & crafts, and lots of laughter is also included. Girls will earn requirements towards the following Girl Scout badges: Daisy – Tula’s Story (Be Courageous and Strong) / Brownie – Pets
- Gross-ology – Time to get a little messy with goo, slime, and a bit of mud as we dive into Gross-ology Experiments 101! Join us as we raise gross to an art form. Make concoctions like glow-in-the dark slime and gummy snacks! Are you brave enough to eat dirt?! Come to camp and earn the rank of a Triple G – Gross Goop Guru. Girls will earn requirements towards the following Girl Scout badges: Daisy – Clover’s Petal (Use Recourses Resourses Wisely) / Brownie – Home Scientist
Girls in Grades 4-6 in Fall 2019
- Seven Hills Firebender –Learn the ancient art of fire-making. Across the world, cultures have been practicing the art of fire for thousands of years and with that the creations of numerous time-honored techniques including, friction-fire (bow-drill method), the fire piston, flint/magnesium and steel, and more. Learn how to handle matches safely, plus gain a respect and reverence for the flames and heat they provide. Our outdoor professionals will teach all these skills and how to apply them in outdoor cooking with edible plants, and even a few other outdoor skills.
- Seven Hills Sisterhood – In this program you and your friends make the choices that work for you. Select your favorite programs such as sports, outdoor skills, swimming, arts and crafts, and relaxation.
Girls in Grades 7-12 in Fall 2019
- Mud Warriors – You and your fellow warriors will face off and compete in mental and physical challenges. Try your hand at a mud scavenger hunt, or a mud slip and slide, or maybe a mud obstacle course. The possibilities are endless! After a day of hard competition relax with a soothing mud bath or mud facial. All of the other great camp activities such as swimming, boating, outdoor cooking and more are also included.
- On Belay – Girls, this is your opportunity to master your balancing and maneuvering capabilities on the Seven Hills ropes course. Challenge yourself and conquer your fears as you try elements such as Islands in the Sky, Centipede, Burma Bridge, Two-Line, Catwalk, Dangle Duo or Zip-Line. How far you push yourself is up to you, but it’s the experience that matters. You can do all of this while still enjoying the splendors of camp life. Girls will earn the Seven Hills ropes course patch along with the activity rider for each ropes course element that they complete.